We always hear about free radicals and antioxidants. So why are antioxidants good you wonder? Antioxidants are substances that prevent cell damage. This cell damage is due to the free radicals within our body that cause oxidation.
Free radicals are commonly a result of diet, smoking, stress, alcohol, inflammation, drugs, exposure to sunlight, and air pollutants. Free radicals cause oxidation within the body, which causes cell damage, causing aging and illnesses.
What Oxidation Does
Oxygen is both a blessing and a curse. Oxidation is what happens when metals get rust, or when you cut a fruit and expose it to air.
The same thing happens to our cells. Oxidation causes cell damage, which causes aging and many illnesses.
So Why Are Antioxidants Good You Ask
If you want to know why are antioxidants good you will realize that they have such power to fight aging and many diseases, here are the benefits:
- Antioxidants prevent the oxidation process in the body which can cause diseases like Alzheimer’s disease, diabetes, and the like.
- In addition to the diseases, mentioned in no. 1, antioxidants lower the risk of heart disease as studies show.
- Antioxidants boost brain function and mental alertness and reduce the risk of dementia.
- Because they fight free radicals, antioxidants help fight cancer. Free radicals cause damage to healthy cells which cause them to reproduce uncontrollably and form tumors.
- The latest research suggests that certain antioxidants help preserve eyesight and prevent cataract formation.
- Antioxidants help keep hair and skin healthy. Antioxidants help maintain collagen, which is present in the skin and which is likewise the hair follicles’ connective tissue. It also protects the blood vessels of the scalp for healthy hair growth. Additionally, for the skin, antioxidants protect the skin from inflammation and cancer.
Jeunesse Reserve: A Powerhouse of Nine Antioxidants
Jeunesse Reserve is a powerful and excellent combination of nine active antioxidants :
- Aloe Vera
- Green Tea
- Grape Seeds
- Grape Juice
Click the link to get Jeunesse Reserve Super Anti Oxidant Fruit Blend
In the video below, Dr. William Amzallag tells of the benefits of Jeunesse Reserve and why it is a powerful source of antioxidants.